Monday, September 14, 2009

how to dine expensively for no reason.



sunset at kakaako beach park, september 2009.


weekends used to be the beginning of something blissful. but with a majority of friends attending college, weekends have become dark holes of homework and part-time employment.

a few evenings ago I ate my first satura cake cupcake. satura cake is one of those kitschy desert shops that are swarmed with college kids and forty-year old women after their workouts. because I have an untamed sweet tooth the idea of gourmet sugary cakes was appealing.

so imagine my disappointment moments after I consumed my cupcake. for four dollars, a tiny cup of flavored sugar and flour should have been something magnificent. the cupcake was barely mediocre…it was bloody terrible.



but whoa did it look pretty.


afterwards seth, aly, and I walked over to z pizza. the chain restaurant triumphs their use of organic and local ingredients. I had the vegetarian pizza of the day –the napoli— while seth had both the napoli and some meat infused pie slice.


now the pizza was delicious. but the price tag: $3.50 per slice was a bit high. the next time I win the lottery I am going to z pizza. -sau

No comments:

Post a Comment